Saturday 22 May 2010

KITCHEN UTENSILS project

I would appreciate any feedback on my recent project.
Everyday objects – like kitchen utensils – are commonly used but no one gives them a lot of space in thoughts. I tried to find a way to make them worth remembering. My photographs of kitchen tools were inspired by Bill Brandt’s nude series. They were lately used to produce silk screen print of shadowy shapes (first on paper, then on nylon paper to magnify the shadowy effect). The idea of shadows and unrecognizable shapes can be connected to Plato’s cave and the concept of people seeing only shadows of things. Also existing of one the best thing – a model for others containing all features that are mirrored in real world influenced me to multiply images. As Andy Warhol was trying to show by repetition – that everything is worth our attention, I tried to show that common used objects are worth remembering. The album contains final works and pages from sketchbook as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment